MEDIA/SOCIAL MEDIA TRAINING & PRESENTATION SKILLS COACHING
Giving you the tools to convey command and tell your story in today’s noisy media
Since 2009 we’ve conducted hundreds of media training and presentation coaching sessions – from one-on-one meetings with executives, professional athletes, entertainers and coaches to presentations and webinars for pro and college sports teams and corporate groups. Each session is customized to address the specific issues and opportunities facing our client and prepares participants to deliver memorable and persuasive messages to today’s distracted consumer.
WHAT SETS KSC MEDIA TRAINING APART:
- Our presentations are customized, based on the client’s guidance. We focus on the specific messages you want to drive and simulate real formats and venues. We use relevant best-practice video examples and address the most pressing anticipated media questions. We discuss (and test-drive) your overall key messages.
- We begin with a presentation that covers today’s media landscape, provides a roadmap for effective preparation for interviews and tips for controlling interviews. We spend time on body language and also provide tips for improving as a presenter and storyteller.
- The performance and message tips are helpful for all communications opportunities, from Q&A sessions and staff meetings to new business and fundraising pitches. The use of many entertaining – and instructive – videos sets an engaging tone and makes the teaching points memorable. Following the presentation, we conduct on-camera practice interviews and reviews. We provide the video files and a written evaluation for each participant, highlighting strengths and areas for improvement. We’re available for follow-up phone consultation.
- Since our founding in February 2009, KSC has become among the most sought-after national media consultants. We have helped leaders of companies of all sizes, along with executives from non-profits, advocacy associations and policy institutes. Our sports and entertainment clients include more than 70 pro teams and major college programs, WWE, the Harlem Globetrotters, Radio City Rockettes, a number of U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee national governing bodies, and the league offices of the NHL, MLB, NBA and PGA of America.
- The combination of our deep experience at the White House, in sports, entertainment and in the corporate media world is unrivaled. You can read the adjoining testimonials, but the best endorsement is that the vast majority of our media training clients hire us on a repeat basis.
PRESENTATION SKILLS COACHING
Giving you the confidence to deliver presentations that are memorable and meaningful to your audience
Whether you are called upon to deliver keynote addresses and speak on industry panels or just want to do a better job running your staff meeting, we can help you connect with your audience and deliver a memorable message. We apply our coaching to impromptu speaking opportunities, sales pitches, fundraising asks, video conferences and even informal conversations with colleagues and clients.
Our approach, which centers on authenticity and the power of storytelling, is based on showing you how to use five easy steps:
- Prep starts with your audience. Identify the idea or solution you are delivering them.
- Develop a structure for your remarks that keeps your audience engaged
- Connect with an attention-getting opening
- Make your two or three key points
- Leave the audience with a call to action
We’ll show you how to make the most of your post-remarks Q&A sessions, discuss the impact of the real-time use of social media during your presentations and cover the “Dos and Don’ts” of PowerPoint. We will help you get comfortable, even if you like so many of us, you experience some anxiety around public speaking.
SOCIAL MEDIA WORKSHOPS & WEBINARS
Every day, companies and universities see their hard-earned reputations and brands undermined — and even damaged — by the social media conduct of their employees and students. Our social media workshops and webinars:
Give our clients the tools to use social media with a purpose: To connect and engage with a targeted audience while establishing and protecting their brands. Through the use of entertaining case studies, we help our clients learn from the mistakes of others and benefit from the best practices of today’s social media stars.
Our training also provides helpful professional development. For young staffers and students, the stakes are high for social media missteps. Our coaches not only help our corporate and higher education clients protect their brands, but we help their people use the platforms in a way that builds and enhances their personal brands.